Golden Eggs: Pepita Butter and Caramelized White Chocolate
These Golden Eggs are perfect bite-sized treats that are low in sugar and full of good for you ingredients. A caramelized white chocolate shell filled with nutty pumpkin seed butter.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave, or another sweetener of choice
- 1-2 tablespoons almond flour, depending on how thick or gooey you’d like your filling to be
Caramelized White Chocolate Shell
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 heaping cup cacao butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons rice syrup, maple syrup, or another sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Combine the Pepita filling ingredients in a small bowl, adding the almond flour last. Mix until thoroughly combined (I used a fork). Spoon bite-sized balls of the filling onto a parchment-lined tray, plate, or box and put into the freezer to harden for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the Caramelized White Chocolate Shell
- Drop the Pepita Filling balls into the Caramelised White Chocolate and transfer onto a parchment-lined tray, plate, or box. The coating will harden pretty quickly, but you can also put it into the freezer to speed up the process. I recommend storing these Golden Eggs in the fridge or freezer.
- Instead of making your own chocolate shell, you can always melt any chocolate bar you wish to make the prep even easier.