Watermelon Asparagus Carpaccio
This quick summertime dish is a cross between carpaccio and a salad. Fresh, sweet, and savory. Crisp, smooth, and smokey.
- 2 large slices of watermelon, approx 1/8 of a whole large watermelon
- 6 white asparagus spears
- 1 avocado
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- basil leaves for garnish
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Slice the watermelon into thin slices about 1 cm thick and divide over two plates. Trim and peel the tough outer skin from the asparagus. Char the asparagus spears in a frying pan or grill pan until tender, adding some salt along the way.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado in a bowl with the lemon juice, almond milk, garlic, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the avocado onto the two plates next to the watermelon and place the asparagus spears on top. Garnish with basil and olive oil.