Homemade Aloe Vera Grape Juice
This is a healthier (and tastier) version of the popular “Aloe Vera Drink”. Typically, grape flavoring and all sorts of added sugars are used, but in this drink it’s all natural! Pure homemade grape juice with a refreshing bite of aloe vera in every sip.
- 3 cups grapes, any color!
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup aloe vera, about a 2 inch piece
- To make the grape juice, simply blend the grapes along with the water in a juicer or a blender. If using a blender, sieve the skins out of the juice using a strainer.
- With a sharp knife, slice off the sides of the aloe vera leaf. Run along the skin to separate the aloe vera meat. Cut into small cubes.
- This is an optional step for if you don’t enjoy the slimey-ness of aloe vera. Using a strainer, rinse the aloe vera cubes with cold water until the excess slime has been removed.
- Spoon the aloe vera cubes into a glass bottle (or whatever else you’re storing or drinking the juice in) and pour in the grape juice. Give it a good stir or shake and it’s ready to drink! I highly recommend drinking it cold.
- Any color or type of grape will work wonderfully in this recipe.
- Optionally, you can choose to keep the skins in the juice (fibre for the win)!