Spiced Turmeric Nut Medley
This simple, versatile recipe can easily be added to your usual breakfast grains or yogurt and is loaded with all kinds of healthy fats, nutrients, and antioxidants to keep your engine running!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, or chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Some add-ins which I like to have in addition to this Spiced Turmeric Nut Medley are:
- nut or seed butter (cashew or almond taste great alongside this recipe)
- dried or fresh mango
- inca berries or fresh physalis
- dried or fresh figs
- fresh plums
- Toast the cashews, pistachios, sunflower seeds, and fennel seeds in a frying pan for about 2 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except for the maple syrup to the nuts and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the maple syrup. Now it’s ready to be added to your favorite breakfast grains (oatmeal, quinoa porridge, etc.) or coconut yogurt!
- This is a versatile recipe, so if you have different nuts or seeds on hand just throw in whatever you have and it will taste just as good!